Revision date: March 28, 2012
We can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
The federal government and technology industry have developed practical tips to help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer and protect your personal information.
How theSweeten Uses Your Personal Information*
This policy covers how theSweeten treats personal information that theSweeten collects and receives, including information related to your past use of theSweeten products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, survey information and/or site registrations, name and address, payment information (e.g., credit card number and billing address) or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that theSweeten does not own or control, or to people that theSweeten does not employ or manage. In addition, some companies that theSweeten has acquired have their own, preexisting privacy policies which may be viewed on our acquired companies page.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes no information regarding the domain or e-mail address.
theSweeten collects personal information when you register with theSweeten, when you use theSweeten products or services, when you visit theSweeten pages or you enter promotions or sweepstakes. theSweeten may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, Zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. When you register with theSweeten and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
theSweeten collects information about your transactions with us. theSweeten automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, theSweeten cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
theSweeten uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our Web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Web site periodically.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
theSweeten does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- • We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with theSweeten under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help theSweeten communicate with you about offers from theSweeten and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- • We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- • Upon request theSweeten will provide you access to your own transaction information (e.g., dates on which customers made purchases, amounts and types of purchases) that we maintain about you, contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number) that we maintain about you, a description of information that we maintain about you.
- • To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, we have relationships with other companies that we allow to place ads on our Web pages. As a result of your visit to our site, ad server companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information. theSweeten does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- theSweeten displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria.
theSweeten may set and access theSweeten cookies on your computer.
theSweeten lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to theSweeten’s cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- • You can edit your theSweeten Account Information at any time.
- • If you do not want to receive marketing e-mail from theSweeten in the future, please let us know by sending us an email at email@example.com
- • If you supply theSweeten with your postal address on-line you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by sending us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- • We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the theSweeten service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the theSweeten Newsletter, that are considered part of your theSweeten account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- • You can delete your theSweeten account by visiting My Account.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above addresses or phone number, state or local consumer protection office.
theSweeten may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your theSweeten account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.